Mini nuc

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kermit

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just been to a queen rearing lecture - interested in trying it out. Any ideas of where to find mini nuc plans?

Dave

Mini nucs are probably cheaper to buy then make.

Also they are in effect a top bar hive, and I run them as such.

They are highly economical in bees needing but one mug full to start them off, and if started with a virgin can produce three or even four mated queens in a season.

I find them the most rewarding part of beekeeping.

PH

Try http://www.beesource.com/build-it-yourself/. They have plans for 5 frame nuc's, 3 frame doubles and lots more besides. If they are the wrong size for your frames just convert the internal measurements to the same as your hives.

Pete

Useful site - on my bookmarks already, but doesn't include mini-nuc. These are very different to a nuc.

RAB tried to google already, but had no real joy. Dave Cushman's are more difficult than normal to follow.

Thanks
Dave

You could buy one of the swienty one's for £11, then copy it in whatever material you intend to use.
I also use the swienty one's and apidea,some people hate them, chatting with Peter Kemble about mini nuc's a while back,he hates them,rekons they are the devils own invention,and gave up using them a long time ago,prefers nuc's that take two full frames ,which i also use,easy to combine at the end of the season.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back