Train Stations

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you could book a coach direct from Heathrow to Birmingham, cheapest but takes a little longer.

http://www.nationalexpress.com/coach/airport/heathrow-airport/index.html

Thinking about it, this might be a better plan. Much easier after a long day in airports and airplanes. Not confusing at all. We need that. :) I took a coach from Birmingham to Heathrow last year and it was a nice ride. Timing shouldn't be too bad as we're arriving at Heathrow at 8:45am and could probably make the 10am coach.

We'll be in the UK from Feb. 13 to March 3. My last meeting is a on the 28th in Buckinghamshire. We plan on traveling to London after that meeting to spend a couple days. We want to see the city and find some things to do.

We'll be traveling to meetings in:

Feb 14, Kenilworth, Warwickshire
Feb 16, Petworth, West Susssex
Feb 18, Hillsborough, Co. Down, NI
Feb 21, Cheddar, Somerset
Feb 23, Yoevil, Somerset
Feb 24, Newark, Notts
Feb 26, Bishop's Waltham, Hampshire
Feb 28, Wendover, Buckinghampshire

We'll be traveling to....

I was thinking of the Cheddar meet (Karla aka 'winevines' recommended that one to me) but there's a couple more in sensible travel distance too, so, will you have the same programme at each meet or is there some variation?

Michael

Looking forward to hearing your talk on 16th February in Petworth or maybe Bishop's Waltham on 26th. Welcome to West Sussex although should be nowhere near as cold as Vermont in February. Since the closure of the local railways in the 60's, Petworth has not had a railway station. Only real option would be hiring a car as an hour and half drive from London.

regards

Dick

...Timing shouldn't be too bad as we're arriving at Heathrow at 8:45am and could probably make the 10am coach....
If you're lucky. Make sure you have flexibility to catch a later coach. Figure in time to change terminals, passport and baggage controls and possible delays in the air. Heathrow has particularly busy runways at times, it can be slow getting a landing slot.

In general, a coach might be a good option, you're the right side of town and it avoids the trip into town where you might catch the end of commuting time. If you're around a few weeks I'd also invest in a local mobile sim, international roaming can be expensive. Enjoy your trip.

Last edited:
I was thinking of the Cheddar meet (Karla aka 'winevines' recommended that one to me) but there's a couple more in sensible travel distance too, so, will you have the same programme at each meet or is there some variation?

You know Karla?

Pretty much the same at each location...Yoevil is different. There may be other speakers at some venues...Celia Davis will be speaking at Kenilworth.

Feb 14, Kenilworth, Warwickshire: The Sustainable Apiary
Feb 16, Petworth, West Sussex: The Sustainable Apiary
Feb 18, Hillsborough, Co. Down, NI: The Sustainable Apiary and Queen Rearing in the Sustainable Apiary
Feb 21, Cheddar, Somerset: The Sustainable Apiary and Queen Rearing in the Sustainable Apiary
Feb 23, Yoevil, Somerset: Feeding Bees
Feb 24, Newark, Notts: The Sustainable Apiary
Feb 26, Bishop's Waltham, Hampshire: The Sustainable Apiary
Feb 28, Wendover, Buckinghamshire: The Sustainable Apiary and Queen Rearing in the Sustainable Apiary

You know Karla?.....................

Pretty much the same at each location...Yoevil is different

...It's a small world these days! ...and, Yeovil was one of the other options we were looking at.

Michael: WHAT WERE YOU THINKING asking beeks for opinions on a complicated issue such as this. Stick with Google Maps (click the public transport option) and at least you only get one opinion.

It would be great to see you: I'll try and hit the tour. And please knock some sense into us about the ghastliness that surrounds the Italian SHB outbreak.

<ADD>FWIW, Google maps says Heathrow Express to Paddington then out on the direct train from Euston.</ADD>

Last edited:
Back